Emily White is trying to start a book club at her blog at: http://steppingintofantasy.blogspot.com/
She's a sweet gal and fantasy lover, so has a sliver of my heart. She's having a contest that reads:
"Hmm...I was hoping for some more enthusiasm for the book club. I guess I may just have to add some extra incentive. All right, here goes. I understand that for writers such as ourselves, money is often tight and time is basically non-existent, so I'm prepared to hold a little contest. I will give you from today until next Wednesday (the 14th) to send over as many of your followers as possible to commit to reading The Secret Year and participating in the discussion. The person who has sent over the most people (at least 5) will win the book. I'll pay for it and have it shipped to you overnight. As far as time goes, well two weeks is a LONG time to read a book. I'm sure you can get it done in a few days. ;)
Have your followers respond in the comments section of the previous post (here) with your name. Again, they don't need to be followers of this blog to take part. They are certainly welcome to follow, but that is not a prerequisite. I'll announce the winner on Wednesday at 9:00pm (EST), so you have up until 8:00pm that day to get your followers over here."
Nicole at http://nicoleducleroir.blogspot.com
gave me the Beautiful Blogger Award in which I say seven things about myself. This took an hour to think of. I think I've now covered everything slightly interesting about myself from this and previous awards.
1. At my job we are separated into teams with team shirts with our names of the front. My team chose to have camouflage -PINK (gag)- and I had the printer list my name as SPC Malfoy.
2. One of my daily chores is putting books back on their shelves. My cat, Snape, pulls books off my bottom shelf with his paws during the night. I've caught him in the act, yelled at him, and his response was to reach in with one paw and throw down another one. He doesn't want on the shelf. He just wants to throw my stuff on the floor. Sometimes I suspect he is the reincarnated soul of a disgruntled postal worker with their memories still in tact.
3. I have never voted. Not because I'm lazy (which I am) but because I've never been impressed by any candidate. I'm extremely cynical about the machinations of politics. I don't support any party. This goes back to my fear of people in groups I've mentioned before during an award meme.
4. About the only thing I drink anymore is sweet tea.
5. I've only had one year of a college education. I was on the Dean's List first semester then the President's List second semester (not for troublemaking I swear), but life got in the way and I had to drop out before second year.
6. When I was four, at Easter I found a dog. My mother said I could have it and should name it. I asked my aunt what she was drinking that made her act funny. She said, "Brandy." Thus, I had a samoyed named Brandy for twelve years.
7. I quote movies in an almost annoying (or maybe very annoying) way. I've a gift for remembering dialogue, and a great love of movies. Every room in my house has movie posters, except the bathrooms (humidity'd ruin them).
I'm taking a blogging hiatus for the weekend to try to get some work done on my WIP. Everyone have a great weekend!