Sunday, May 30, 2010
106 Followers Contest
Why 106? Because that's the number of followers I have today.
I hate rules. Therefore, mine are simple.
1. Blog about it. Why? Advertising rocks. Anything extra you'd like to do is appreciated mucho.
2. Be a follower. Why? It's the polite thing to do.
3. Short story, roughly 500 words. Why roughly? Because I won't disqualify for over or under, so long as it's a complete story. I'd enjoy it if it's 1000. I'd be disappointed if it's 100. It can be any genre. I'd prefer funny or incredibly tragic. I'm like that.
4. Email it to email@example.com because I want to consider them privately, not as posts. If you want to post on your blog, that's cool, but still email me.
5. The deadline is June 15th. Why? Because it's an anniversary of sorts for me so an easy day for me to remember. ***This has been changed to July 4th!
The prizes, you ask? Capitalism rears its head. This is also simple. It's up to you.
1st Prize: $40.00
2nd Prize: $30.00
3rd Prize: $20.00
4th Prize: $10.00
Honorable Mention: $6.00.
Why? Because it's the 106 followers contest, so I'm giving out $106.00. I'm not foolish enough to send cash in the mail, so these will be in the form of gift certificates to anything you choose. Bookstores, Amazon, Target, Wal-Mart, Taco Bell, I don't care, so long as it's a chain store I can find in Texas or one with a website I can order from.
Also, all contestants will have my undying devotion. I will prove this in a meager offer of editorial assistance. Have a query letter? A partial? Some sort of vague idea and lack direction? All contestants will receive honest feedback, if they wish. I'm no professional, and it won't hurt my feelings if you're not interested. Just bear in mind that I might not be timely if I have dozens to go through, but I will get through them all.
So, good luck, blogger friends of mine. I look forward to reading your work!
*****Whoops on the math. I fixed it.